Summer-The perfect time for cold foods, cold drinks and cold air! by Bea Williamson
The hot days of summer have arrived and you want to stay COOL! Here are some great tips for beating the heat.
- Cotton and linen are not only great for summertime clothing, but also bedding. Choose cotton-linen blend sheets and coverlets for a cooler night’s sleep. Select light colors to freshen up your room and make it look and feel cooler.
- Ice Ice, Baby! Start the day feeling wide awake, fresh and cool with a mini ice facial. Beat the heat with this inexpensive, simple and refreshing beauty tip. Just take an ice cube, wrap in a cloth or paper towel and GENTLY massage in a circular motion over your face until the ice cube has melted. This is super refreshing on a hot summer day and your skin will be rejuvenated! Do a mini ice facial at night time and wake up with beautifully smooth soft skin. The ice tightens pores like a toner, constricts blood vessels and improves circulation; leaving you with a fresh, rosy glow.
- Keep your body temperature cooler by eating refreshing cold foods like fresh fruits, vegetables and ice cream!
- For a refreshing cold drink try filling a large container with water, ice, fresh fruit and mint.
Pina Colada Sorbet
1 ½ cups white sugar 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk
1 ½ cups water ¼ cup lime juice
1 (20 ounce) can canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Make a syrup by bringing the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat. Stir and boil until the liquid becomes clear, about 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Blend the drained pineapple in a blender or food processor until very smooth and frothy. In a large bowl, whisk together the syrup, pineapple puree, coconut milk and lime juice. Refrigerate until chilled about 3 hours.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s directions.